Online Retail Summit Sydney, 2013
The iMedia Online Retail Summit
After our sell out launch event in May 2012, we are delighted to announce that we will once again be hosting the leaders of the Australian online retail industry at the iMedia Online Retail Summit and also to announce our first international Keynote Speaker.
Creating multi-channel engagement and rich customer experiences
David Walmsley is the Director of Multichannel Development and is tasked with developing Marks & Spencer's digital and multichannel operations in the UK and internationally. David has worked online for the last 18 years, moving through retail, financial services, advertising and publishing sectors. In retail David was previously Director of eCommerce at Dixons Retail a pan-European electrical retailer, and also John Lewis where David led the team that built one of the UK's leading multichannel businesses.
Adam Jacobs is a co-Founder of online retailer theiconic.com.au and is responsible for the venture's operations. Adam previously led a fruitful life in consulting at Boston Consulting Group and PricewaterhouseCoopers both in Sydney and Copenhagen, before taking the highly anticipated leap into entrepreneurship. In the consulting world Adam worked with several major retail, media and consumer clients on their online growth strategies.
- Worked in several cities and countries including New York, Paris, Johannesburg and Sydney
- Started career in Marketing at L'Oreal in 2008
- Worked for The Boston Consulting Group (Germany, South Africa, Australia) in the last 4 years, mainly focusing on consumer & retail clients
- Appointed as an MD of THE ICONIC in December 2011
Building an Icon: Lessons Learnt
David Jones: The Oldest New Retailer Online
Adriane McDermott is a commercially focused marketer with 20 years experience in brand strategy, retail, category development, and sales. She has held senior roles in both the U.S. and Australia with recognised companies including David Jones, Nike, Banana Republic/Gap Inc., Diageo and Merck.
Adriane's current role is GM Marketing for Advertising and Digital at David Jones where she is responsible for the brand, content and creative strategy, marketing and media planning, as well as digital and online marketing.
Analyzing Your Marketing Mix Through Actionable Metrics Within A Fair Attribution Model
Bjorn Behrendt is Co-Founder of STYLETREAD.com.au and ParcelPush.com.au. As a serial entrepreneur he is passionate for online marketing, disruptive technologies and crunching data. After completing his Master in Economics and Computer Sciences, Bjorn worked for KPMG as an IT-consultant and eBay, where he was responsible for mobile, strategic logistic partnerships and the developers program. He then left the corporate world to start 4sxs.de and Service-Community.net in 2007 before moving to Australia.
The Summit is an invite-only event designed "by multi-channel retail executives for multi-channel retail executives", it brings together the sharpest minds in the industry to learn, share ideas, network, build lasting relationships and meet potential partners. It is a collaborative event focused on helping retailers formulate and implement their eCommerce strategy and drive Australia's online retail industry forward.
Qualifying delegates are invited to a complimentary two day/two night stay at Crowne Plaza Resort in the Hunter Valley.
Why Attend The iMedia Online Retail Summit?
During the iMedia Online Retail Summit, delegates will:
- Hear from exclusive international keynote speakers about their successes and pitfalls
- Learn from leading Australian retailers about their experiences and challenges
- Participate in round table discussion groups to debate best practice and learn from each other
- Network with like-minded senior executives over breakfast, lunch, dinners and drinks receptions
- Build lasting business relationships over activities such as wine-tasting, golf and BBQ cooking school
- Meet suppliers who will help them drive their business forward and provide competitive advantage
- Return to the office inspired with fresh ideas and valuable new contacts
2013 iMedia Online Retail Summit Advisory Board
iMedia would like to thank the Advisory Board of leading retailers for their contribution towards creating a world-class program for the 2013 Online Retail Summit. Members of our 2013 Advisory Board are:
- Dan McMahon, Head of Multi Channel Retail, Big W
- Gordon Nugent, Head of eCommerce, Harvey Norman
- Adriane McDermott, GM - Digital Marketing and Online, David Jones
- Sally-Anne Newson, Country Manager, ASOS
- Faye Ilhan, Online Marketing Manager, Dan Murphy's
- Lyle Hudson, Group Operating Officer, Webster Holdings
- Luis Albornoz, Online Retail and Marketing Manager, Adairs Retail Group
- Phil Ryan, GM - Growth and Opportunities, Speciality Fashion Group
"The iMedia Summit was a fantastic event in a great location where industry professionals got to network and listen to some interesting talks on how companies are moving into the online space." Gazal Apparel
"Excellent networking event showcasing a great range of speakers from all facets of the eCommerce landscape." Nestle Health Science
"Finally an event that dives not only into the strategy of selling online but also talks about the soecifics of selling on a day-to-day basis." Estee Lauder
To request a place as a delegate, please click hereSponsor Feedback:
"The most focused enterprise online retail event in Australia." Amblique
"Networking and the opportunity to talk to people is clearly part of the program which is great." Google
"The atmosphere allowed for delegates and networkers to mingle and get to know each ither over the 3 days whilst being treated to some insightful presentations. Definitely my event of choice for online retailing." Netstarter
Position your company as a thought leader in the industry with one of the limited speaking packages
To request information on sponsorship opportunities click here
5 Reasons You Can't Miss This Summit
- Hear from international and local retail experts
- Share your challenges with and learn from the handpicked delegation
- Network and build relationships with the industry
- Build competitive advantage with the latest technologies and trends
- Meet the leading industry suppliers